Pear Almond Pie
The dough was crunchy which goes well with the soft texture of the almond/rum filling. Actually I used cognac as I prefer the taste of it.
I decorated the top with a piece of sesame caramel biscuit that I bought in an asian shop. We eat the pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Perfect!
I brush the top of the pie with warm apricot jam to make it shiny.
- 250 g all purpose flour
- 50 g icing sugar
- 125 g butter
- 1 egg
- Almond filling
- 200 g sugar
- 200g almond meal
- 3 table spoon of rum or cognac
- 4 drops of vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon of apricot jam
- Pour all the dough ingredient into a large bowl and mix until forming a dough ball
- Add a bit of water if the dough is too crumbly
- Place the dough ball into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the almond filling.
- Whisk the eggs with sugar for 1 minute.
- Add the flour keeep whisking.
- Add the almond powder and stir with a spatula.
- Add the rum and vanila extract to aromatise the almond cream.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Shape the dough into greased pie mold.
- With a fork make holes at the bottom of the pie.
- Bake 15 minutes at 200C.
- Remove the pies from the oven.
- Let cool down for few minutes.
- Add the almond filling and add half a peeled pear in the middle of the pie.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the filling is golden brown on the top.
- Let cool down on a rack.
- In a microwave warm the apricot jam.
- Brush the top of each pie with the warm apricot jam to make them shinny.