Chocolate Lava Cake – Sugar-Free
A Sugar-Free Chocolate Lava Cake who do not skimp on flavour !
I thought I will bake something from France but I did not found the time. But I baked so much before I left New Zealand that I have got plenty of recipes to share even when I am far from home. Today I decided to share my favourite Sugar-Free Chocolate Lava Cake made with Naturals Stevia Powder. If like me you are a diabetic and you are constantly looking for gluten-free + sugar-free recipe simple and quick to make I highly recommend this book from Amy Gree. It contains 180 Simple gluten-free + sugar free recipes that can be made in less than 20 minutes ! Click here to buy it: Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free: 180 Easy and Delicious Recipes You Can Make in 20 Minutes or Less
Not Only a Sugar Free Chocolate Lava Cake but also a Low carb & Gluten-free Chocolate Cake
I found a low carb chocolate in my supermarket. It is an organic Which is very low and perfect to bake a chocolate cake. I was using this recipe with 60 g of sugar in the past and this time I switch the sugar by 20g of stevia powder. 85% cocoa bars with only 20g carb/100g that you can buy online from here Green & Black’s Cocoa Chocolate Bar, Dark 85%
The Key of success for this Sugar Free Chocolate Lava Cake is the baking time
Do not over-bake the cake. For a small ramekin like this 12-15 minutes is enough to have a liquid chocolate heart.You can prepare them in advance. Store in the fridge and bake them just before serving. In this case it will require few more minutes of baking because the batter will be cold after coming out of the fridge..
You know it is ready to eat when a crust is forming on the top of the cakes.
This is few pictures of the batter before baking. The first picture show you the texture when you add the chocolate mixture to the egg and milk mix.
- 200 g dark chocolate 85% cocoa
- 120 g butter
- 60 ml milk
- 20 g stevia powder
- 30 g cornflour
- 30 g buckwheat flour
- 4 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven at 200 C.
- Grease 3 individual ramekin or custard cups.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan under medium heat.
- In a bowl whisk eggs and stevia powder until smooth.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture and stir with a wooden spoon.
- In another saucepan bring the milk to boil.
- Put aside 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the hot milk onto the egg mixture while whisking vigorously.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter onto the egg mixture.
- Pour the batter onto the 3 greased ramekin.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a light crust is forming on the top of the cake.
- Do not over-bake or the heart of cakes will not be liquid.