NThe healthiest Chocolate Lava Cake recipe you will ever made! This dessert is simply a BOMB and tick all the dietary boxes, it is gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. It is a great guilt-free treat for all diabetic around here.
Sugar-Free Chocolate Lava Cake who do not skimp on flavor !
I thought I will bake something while I was visiting my family in France, argh, no time ! We have been very busy talking, cuddling, sharing. This was so good to see mum and dad again. Luckily, I baked this great sugar free chocolate lava cake before I left New Zealand, time to share it now as I am far from home ! Sugar-Free Chocolate Lava Cake is a very popular French recipe. As I eat mostly sugar free I used a natural sugar sweetener in this recipe. It is a combo of stevia and erythritol that you can measure as sugar, much easier than any sugar substitute I bought before! There is different brand available on the market. In US I recommend Swerve or Natvia in New Zealand. If you are a diabetic, constantly looking for simple sugar-free recipe I highly recommend this chocolate lava cake recipe.
Sugar Free Chocolate Lava Cake Low carb + Gluten free
This recipe is using sugar free chocolate. In New Zealand we named sugar free chocolate a naturally stevia sweetened chocolate like Healtheries. Alternatively you can use a strong dark chocolate, nothing less than 85% cocoa bars of course. Green and Blacks is a great one as it contains only 20g carb/100g – you can find it here. Last option is to make your own sugar free chocolate bars using my recipe here.
Key of success for this Sugar Free Chocolate Lava Cake, the baking time
Do not over-bake the cake. For a small ramekin like this 12-15 minutes is enough to have a runny chocolate heart. You can make-ahead those chocolate lava cake ahead. Store them in the fridge unbaked. Bake them just before serving. It is recommended to take them out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before baking. Obviously, check the baking process very often during the last minutes of baking. You know it is baked as soon as a crust is forming on the top of the cakes. If you insert a skewers in the center it should come out full of runny chocolate.
Sugar Free Chocolate Lava Cake | Gluten Free
- 7 oz unsweetened 100 % cocoa chocolate or 85% dark chocolate (200 g)
- 4.2 oz butter or coconut oil (120 g)
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2.1 oz Sugar free crystal sweetener or natural sugar free sweetner Natvia in NZ or Truvia in Europe (60 g)
- 1 oz cornflour (30 g)
- 1 oz buckwheat flour (30 g)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or milk of your choice (60 ml)
- Preheat oven fan-forced 360 F (180 C) or baking mode oven 390 F (200 C).
- Grease 4 6ndividual ramekin or custard cups.
- In a saucepan under medium heat, melt the chocolate and butter. Stir constantly until fully melted. Remove from heat, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs, egg yolk and natural sweetener until smooth.
- Add the corn flour and buckwheat flour to the egg mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon or a spatula to combine until smooth.
- In another saucepan, under medium heat warm the coconut milk. Don't boil stop when some bubbles forms on sides of the saucepan. Set aside 1 minute then pour the hot milk slowly onto the egg mixture while whisking vigorously to avoid the eggs to cook.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate and butter until a smooth chocolate batter forms.
- Fill evenly the 6 custard cups with the chocolate cake batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a light crust is forming on the top of the cake and a skewer inserted in the middle of the cakes comes out covered with runny chocolate.
- Do not over-bake or the heart of cakes will not be as runny as in the picture.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition panel is for one serving. This recipe serve 6 ramekins.